I believe peer review is one of the best tools for revising your paper. It is always good to get insight from others on how they perceive your topic. Peers are usually the best judge of how clear your paper is. They didn't do the research, so when they read the draft, they may come up with questions and comments that would help you with clarification of your sentences and topics. I think student peers are a little more cautious when giving advise on grammar and mechanics, but a big help on the content.
In the professional environment, peers are much more critical on both the topic and grammar and mechanics. This is probably because they are very serious about getting a paper published and also have to be very careful about plagiarism and copy rights.
I value my peers opinions and always take them into consideration. Writing in college has been a very rewarding experience and I have learned a lot of valuable information that will help carry me through my professional career, whether I write my own papers or assist others with theirs.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you are able to achieve so much. You get up early! I have often fantasized that I would set my alarm and get up at 5 am to write every day. Although I have not made any new year's resolution, perhaps I will try this tomorrow and see what happens.